WSJM Morning News-09/15/2020
WSJM News is sponsored by Special-Lite in Decatur & Benton Harbor. There’s a good chance you’ve walked through a special-lite door when you go to a local restaurant, school, store, or plant.
In this edition:
- The Black Lives Matter slogan isn’t going onto Stadium Drive or any other streets in St. Joseph anytime soon after the city commission approved a different resolution last night.
- The St. Joseph Department of Public Safety is investigating vandalism done to the south pier over the weekend.
- The 18-year-old man from Jackson who disappeared in Lake Michigan on Labor Day in South Haven has been found.
- The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services has announced plans to conduct aerial spraying for mosquitoes to prevent cases of Eastern Equine Encephalitis.
- Michigan Works is closing its office in Dowagiac and opening three new locations in Cass County.
- Some new incentives to give are being offered by the United Way of Southwest Michigan as it embarks on a new fundraising campaign.
- Guns are still allowed in the Michigan Capitol.
- There has been an uprising at an Upper Peninsula prison as some inmates attempted to overtake a unit Sunday night.