WSJM Morning News-7/6/2020
WSJM News is sponsored by Special-Lite in Decatur & Benton Harbor. There’s a good chance you’ve walked through a special-lite door when you go to a local restaurant, school, store, or plant.
In this edition:
- The Berrien County Health Department is hard at work helping local school districts prepare for the resumption of classes in the fall.
- Michigan educators are concerned about funding for schools as the state continues to respond to the pandemic and braces for a possible second COVID-19 wave.
- Flexibility is a main theme with Lake Michigan College’s reopening plan for the fall semester.
- The Van Buren County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a Saturday shooting in Hartford Township.
- The Allegan County Fair has been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The budget deal announced last week by Governor Gretchen Whitmer and state legislative leaders is a good start. So says state Representative Beth Griffin of Mattawan.
- Congressman Fred Upton has introduced a bill that would help support researchers during the COVID-19 pandemic.