WSJM Morning News-6/30/2020
WSJM News is sponsored by Special-Lite in Decatur & Benton Harbor. There’s a good chance you’ve walked through a special-lite door when you go to a local restaurant, school, store, or plant.
In this edition:
- Whirlpool is implementing a round of layoffs to help weather the recession caused by COVID-19.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer is meeting with her COVID-19 task force today to discuss the possibility of re-engaging in face-to-face learning.
- There’s a whole lot of work planned for Napier Avenue in the coming month.
- St. Joseph City Commissioners have held the first in what will be a series of meetings on social justice.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer has extended the suspensions of any evictions until July 15.
- Concerned about coronavirus in the pool? It’s probably safe.
- South Haven Area Emergency Services has broadened its ability to respond to water rescues by providing its on-call staff with water rescue equipment that stays with them all of the time.