WSJM Morning News-9/16/2020
WSJM News is sponsored by Special-Lite in Decatur & Benton Harbor. There’s a good chance you’ve walked through a special-lite door when you go to a local restaurant, school, store, or plant.
In this edition:
- A bipartisan group of federal lawmakers held a press conference Tuesday to announce a new effort to approve a coronavirus relief bill.
- The state of Michigan’s coronavirus website now has a page that reports outbreak information by school building.
- Nursing homes residents can now receive visitors today, as long as it’s outdoors.
- The number of absentee voter requests statewide is now 2.28 million for the November election.
- An arcade owner from South Haven was in Lansing on Tuesday to protest his business not being allowed to reopen.
- Several years after it closed due to poor management, Deer Forest in Coloma could find new life if one man’s fundraising campaign is successful.
- The cause of a Geneva Township fire that badly damaged a home is not yet known.
- Hartford Public Library staff are settling into their new home.