WSJM Morning News-9/18/2020
WSJM News is sponsored by Special-Lite in Decatur & Benton Harbor. There’s a good chance you’ve walked through a special-lite door when you go to a local restaurant, school, store, or plant.
In this edition:
- Governor Whitmer is confident the Big Ten football season will go on as scheduled now that the conference has decided on an eight game season.
- Hospitalization could be the minimum requirement for an individual to sue a business over coronavirus exposure.
- The Berrien County Parks Department is working to get rid of graffiti painted on the south pier in St. Joseph over the weekend.
- The Berrien County Health Department is encouraged by the COVID-19 trends it’s been seeing in the area recently.
- The youngest victim of COVID-19 in Michigan has turned out to be a two-month-old baby who died this week from the virus.
- A 28-year-old Bangor man is in the Kalamazoo County Jail after his arrest Tuesday night at his home.
- Legislation from state Representative Pauline Wendzel designed to expand access to childcare has been approved by a Michigan House committee.
- The Ottawa County Health Department is ordering Grand Valley State University students in Allendale Township to stay in place over the next two weeks.