- Michigan is intervening in a federal court case to defend the Affordable Care Act.
- Although Michigan voters approved Proposal 1 to legalize recreational marijuana, there are hundreds of communities across the state that have already instituting bans on related businesses.
- Students don’t have to worry about last week’s blast of severe weather pushing their school year into the summer.
- A forum on immigration will be held this week in St. Joseph.
- A $50,000 grant has been announced for the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Children with Special Needs Fund.
- Detroit Police Chief James Craig is angry about what he calls a racially insensitive Snapchat video made by an officer after pulling over a 23-year-old woman.
- The United Auto Workers union says it will leave “no stone unturned” in its efforts to get General Motors to change its mind about plant closings.
- New House Speaker Lee Chatfield says Michigan will always struggle to fund roadwork until it solves the root problem – drivers pay some of the country’s highest taxes at the pump, but not all of the revenue goes to the transportation budget.
- The President plans to give what his aides call an inspiring vision of American Greatness when he delivers his state of the union address tomorrow.
- Five people were killed Sunday afternoon when a plane crashed into a home in Orange County, California.
- “Glass” holds first place on the slowest Super Bowl box office weekend in decades.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | | More