- He’s a long shot, but South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg is seeking the Democratic nomination for President in 2020.
- A congressional PFAS task force is being launched.
- Congressman Fred Upton has teamed up with other Michigan representatives for legislation to classify the chemicals known as PFAS as hazardous substances under the federal Superfund law.
- The city of Benton Harbor’s income tax is now being implemented.
- Help is available in one area city with paying property taxes in 2019.
- As St. Joseph Today prepares to hold the first March Mannequins event downtown, it’s asking residents to submit photos that could be displayed in storefronts that day.
- No other state tightened its education spending more than Michigan did over a 20-year period.
- The President’s chief of staff is now working on a list of programs they may have to cancel if the government shutdown drags into March or April.
- Today marks one year since sports physician Larry Nassar was sentenced to 40 to 175 years in prison for sexual abuse by a Michigan court.
- The streaming wars are on! One outlet is dropping, and raising, prices.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | | More