- The head of the Michigan Economic Development Corporation says education is just one of many things needed to attract new business to the state.
- Civil rights groups are celebrating a new directive from Governor Gretchen Whitmer that bans discrimination against LGBTQ people who work for the state or its contractors, or who service state properties.
- Benton Harbor Area Schools CEO Robert Herrera is hoping to meet with the board of education next week as three new members have been elected and yet another member needs to be appointed.
- A 33-year-old Coloma man has been killed while trying to cross I-94.
- A Gobles man is facing several charges after being caught not only driving while drunk with five kids in the car, but he and a passenger were also still drinking when police found them.
- The Smithsonian is bringing a traveling exhibit to Van Buren County this year.
- Michigan’s 100th legislature goes into session today.
- Big carmakers are at this week’s Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas trying to demonstrate how tech savvy they are.
- It’s day 19 of the partial government shutdown and GOP lawmakers will be getting a presidential visit.
- Sears won’t go down…yet.
- Some confirmation that Netflix’s Bird Box is a huge hit.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | | More