Fire Destoys Motorcycles, Vehicles At South Haven Metal Recycling

Fire investigators are trying to figure out what sparked a blaze at South Haven Metal Recycling on Wednesday afternoon. A storage barn containing vehicles and vintage motorcycles went up in flames, with the cars and bikes being destroyed. Two employees were able to escape without being hurt. Firefighters from South Haven Area Emergency Services were called to the scene on 67th Street near County Road 388 in Geneva Township around 2:20 p.m., and the barn was fully engulfed. They remained on the scene for over three hours putting out the flames and hotspots, with assistance coming from fire departments in Columbia, Lee, Bangor, and Ganges Township. The Covert fire department was put on standby for other fire calls in South Haven.