South Haven firefighters made quite a rescue on Tuesday morning. Seven puppies were removed safely during a house fire in Allegan County's Casco Township. The fire started when an extension cord connected to a fan in the area where the pups were being kept shorted out. Investigators believe one of the dogs may have been chewing on the cord. The dogs are all six-week-old American Pit Bull Terriers, and are in good condition after their rescue. Firefighters tell us that the home suffered smoke and water damage. A monetary damage estimate has not been released.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI