email mobile

 
Moody & Gifford
5:50 - 9 AM
WSJM-FM 94.9


Posted: Tuesday, 27 May 2014 5:00PM

SWMI Housing Market Builds Momentum



The Southwestern Michigan housing market began to build momentum in April, according to Gary Walter with the Southwestern Michigan Association of Realtors. 15% more homes were sold and closed last month compared to March. The overall housing inventory increased slightly from 8.8-months supply in March to 9.8 in April. Walter says the medium selling price jumped 19% resulting in the total dollar volume in April to be 34% higher than in March. The year-to-date total dollar volume at the end of April was the highest recorded since the peak year of 2006, at more than $121-million.


WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI


A   A   A
 Follow