email mobile

Posted: Tuesday, 01 April 2014 5:40PM

2 Injured In Fire At Harding's Friendly Market In Dowagiac



Two people, including a fire fighter, were injured Tuesday during a fire at Harding's Friendly Market in Dowagiac. Employees were alerted to fire in the back area of the building near a break room. Just before 11 a.m. customers were evacuated. One employee tried to use an extinguisher but was overcome with smoke and fumes and had to leave the store. The fire fighter was injured during a fall. He was transported to Borgess Lee Memorial Hospital, treated and released. A faulty light fixture is thought to be the cause. The store was closed for about an hour and has since reopened.


WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI


A   A   A
 Follow