email mobile

Posted: Friday, 28 June 2013 2:00PM

Home On Napier Likely Total Loss After Fire



Greg and Lynn Durham won't be selling their home in the 200 block of East Napier anytime soon. They moved from Benton Township to Georgia over the winter, and their old home here went up in flames early this morning. It had been listed in April for just under $70,000. Benton Township Fire Chief Dan Durham, who pointed out he's not related to the homeowners, says they're looking at the liklihood the fire was started by an electrical issue, as the home still have active utilities. No other nearby homes were damaged in the blaze. Firefighters were called to the scene around 5 a.m., and Benton Township was assisted by St. Joseph Township in putting out the fire. The home is just two doors down from Fairplain Junior High School, and Durham says it's likely a total loss.

   

WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI


A   A   A
 Follow