It was a rough weekend for a Baroda couple who lost nearly everything, including their dogs and cats in a house fire. Ironically it was the family pets that alerted the homeowners that the house was on fire Saturday morning. Bruce Gerlach of Second Street in Baroda told firefighters that their smoke alarm didn't go off, but the dogs did. Alerting them to the flames with their barking. The couple got out, but the 2 dogs and 12 cats they had rescued didn't make it. 3 fire departments helped but out the blaze, but they were unable to save the structure. There are fundraisers in the works to help the family get back on their feet.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI