email mobile

 
Jim Bohannan
10 PM - 1 AM
WSJM-FM 94.9


Overheated TV Causes Fire At New Buffalo Hotel



An overheated television is blamed for a fire Sunday morning at O'Brien's Inn and Resort in New Buffalo. The hotel was evacuated, and two women were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. The fire started in a vacant room on the first floor, and the Berrien County Sheriff's Department tells us everyone was able to get out safely. No damage estimate is available yet. There were 37 people in the hotel when the electrical fire filled the building with thick, black smoke.

A   A   A
 Follow 
ADVERTISEMENT